Useful online material includes:
- The Vogue Archive - the American version running from 1892 to the present.
- Women's Wear Daily - an American magazine that is a unique record of the 20th Century US and international fashion and beauty business.
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive - from 1880-2000
- Historical Newspapers - includes The Times, Financial Times and Sunday Times Digital Archives, covering the 19th and 20th Centuries; the Burney collection for 17th and 18th Centuries; the British Library nineteenth century newspapers and UK periodicals and Newspapers also the 19th Century.
- Spare Rib - became the debating chamber of feminism in the UK; search or browse every edition from 1972-1993.
- Google Books - are a great source of freely available material, including magazines, such as: