Using tutor feedback
Knowing how to ask for feedback
The work of everybody at university is to increase the amount of learning going on which means that you should never be afraid to ask:
Ask for help
- Is there anything about the task you have been set that’s not clear to you?
- Is there anything else you need to know in order to do the task well?
- Is there any way that your tutors or your classmates can help you while you are trying to learn?
Ask for a response
- Are there any specific areas of your work that you want advice on?
- Can you ask your tutor to focus on the areas that you find most difficult?
- Why not ask for extra focus on what you have done well?
Ask for advice
- What do I need to do next time?
- What do you need to do more of?
- What do you need to do better?
- What do you need to do differently?
Ask if you don’t understand anything
- What does this comment mean?
- If you don’t understand your feedback which is supposed to highlight your strengths and weaknesses, keep asking questions until you do understand.