Lectures form the core part of the face-to-face learning experience at university.
In order to be successful at attending lectures and using the information you get from them, consider:
- What are lectures for?
- What should I read in advance?
- How do I interpret the lecture?
- How do I record essential information?
- How do I select which information to record?
- What should I do after the lecture?
Use the Attending Lectures Checklist at the end of the chapter to consolidate your understanding.