You'll already use many different forms of technology to keep in touch with friends and you can use these to communicate with your group. Discuss what people prefer to use and then make sure you check these regularly. It's no use agreeing to communicate via Facebook if someone only checks their account once a week.
View this video on how booking a pod in the library (in 0C) can help with group work:
Communication tools you could use include:
- Email (university or personal account);
- myCourse messaging;
- myPortfolio - you can create groups, chat on forums and create pages;
- Discussion boards where users can create their own groups (e.g. Google Groups or Yahoo! Groups and at Solent you can use myPortfolio);
- Social networking where online communities come together (e.g. Facebook, Google+, Twitter);
- Instant messaging (IM) where you can chat in real time (e.g. AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), Skype or Windows Live Messenger).
||Google+ (Weblink opens in new window)
||Twitter (Weblink opens in new window)
||Skype (Weblink opens in new window)