Not sure what database, academic journal or peer reviewed mean? Watch the short video below to find out!
Search these databases to locate journal articles and other useful resources. You may get the full text online for some results, for others you will need to check the library catalogue to see if the journal is available.
- ABI Inform - A collection of thousands of full text journals, With an emphasis on business this database is useful for marketing, retail and merchandising articles.
- Art Source - Art Source covers a broad range of subjects from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. It features full-text articles, indexing and abstracts for a wide range of journals.
- Berg Fashion Library - A large collection of ebooks, images, museum exhibitions and the Encyclopedia of World Dress & Fashion. Can be searched by garment, theme, period, people and more.
- BoB National - a TV and radio recording service that enables you to choose and record programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels, you can create clips and playlists too
- European Newsstream - Full text newspapers, mainly from the UK and Europe, including UK broadsheets and tabloids.
- Mintel - Mintel contains UK market research reports and covers UK consumer goods, fashion, finance, leisure, media, retail, travel and tourism.
- Statista - Worldwide statistical information
- The Vogue Archive - The Vogue Archive gives online access to every page of every issue of Vogue (U.S. edition) from 1892. As well as being useful to fashion students and those interested in culture/gender studies, it also includes the many advertisements so may be of use to graphic design and marketing students.
- WGSN - Worth Global Style Network is an online news and information service for the fashion and style industries. It includes 1000's of pictures of past and present catwalk shows plus retail and trend analysis and loads more. It also looks at future trends so is a good resource for forecasting. Access is only available onsite but a mobile app is now available.
- WWD Archive - Women's Wear Daily - is a unique record of the twentieth century US and international fashion and beauty business. Key moments in the history of the industry, as well as major designers, brands, retailers and advertisers are all covered in this resource.