- What is a journal and a journal article?
- Why use journal articles?
- How do I find journal articles?
- Specific Journals
What is a journal?
- A collection of articles relating to a particular topic
- Published regularly (e.g. once a month, quarterly, annually)
What is an article?
- An individual piece of research written by an academic, professional or expert
- Published together with other articles by other authors in a journal
- Include the latest research and up-to-date
- Cover very specific topics
- Quality checked during a peer review process
- List references used - good source for further research
- Search for specific articles online
Remember – journal articles are written by academics such as your lecturers
You will get higher marks for including references to relevant journal articles
1) Check your Reading list!
If your lecturer has recommended some titles, click on these, follow the access instructions and then do a basic search.
2) Do a quick search on the Articles tab via the Library Catalogue.
The Articles tab is very general and you may get a lot of results which are not relevant.
3) Use a Library eResource
Here you can locate journal articles on specific topics as well as industry information and market research.
The Library pays for you to have access to these key resources and you will improve your marks if you read and reference appropriate library materials in your work!
Print titles include Meetings and incentive travel and Adventure travel. Print titles can be found on Floor 2B.
Search on the Library Catalogue and use the Journals option under Resource Type to see what else we have available.
Useful ejournals for tourism and air travel include:
- Annals of tourism research
- Current issues in tourism
- Journal of vacation marketing
- Tourism and hospitality management
- Journal of air transport management
- Journal of airport management
- The international journal of tourism research
- WTO world tourism barometer - great for statistics
Make sure that you check the years that are available for each journal from each provider and read the OFF CAMPUS access instructions.
See our journals video for more help accessing and searching within these specific journal titles.