Useful online material includes:
- The Vogue Archive The American version 1892 to the present.
- Women's Wear Daily an American magazine that is a unique record of the twentieth century US and international fashion and beauty business.
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive from 1880 to 2000
- Historical Newspapers include The Times, Financial Times and Sunday Times Digital Archives that cover the nineteenth and twentieth centuries; the Burney collection for seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the British Library nineteenth century newspapers and UK periodicals and Newspapers also nineteenth century.
- Spare Rib became the debating chamber of feminism in the UK. Search or browse every edition 1972 - 1993.
- Google Books are a great source of freely available material, including magazines, such as: